The purposes of this Association are:
(a) to aid officials to acquire a thorough knowledge of National Federation of High School (NFHS) and Canadian amateur football playing rules and mechanics.
(b) to promote provincial uniformity in application of the mechanics of officiating.
(c) to ensure the observance of the spirit and letter of playing rules and the code of ethics at all times.
(d) to supply trained officials, as available, to fulfill contracts negotiated by the Association.
It is our goal to promote officiating, recruit new members interested in officiating, educate these officials, and train them to officiate at the highest possible level.
Who we serve
There are presently six tackle football leagues active within the Province of British Columbia which rely on the services of the BCFOA. These are the:
- Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS);
- British Columbia Football Conference (BCFC);
- British Columbia Secondary School Football League (BCSSF);
- Vancouver Mainland Football League (VMFL) on Vancouver Island;
- Valley Community Football League (VCFL) in the Interior of BC;
- Southern Interior Football Conference (SIFC) in the Okaganan Area
Officials are assigned to work games at each level based on experience, training, and individual performance.