Please review the attached documents for the 2018 AGM to be held at Lord Tweedsmuir secondary school in Cloverdale starting promptly at 11:30 am. There will be limited paper copies available so we advise you to print these docs or bring them with you on an electronic device. Thank you.
If you are unable to attend the AGM on Saturday please use our web conferencing online system called JOINME.
Please click on the link and create a login and password, if you are planning to join the conference call online. https://join.me/frankroberto.joinme
If you are planning to call in using your phone dial 1 778 654 8779 Conference ID is 266-883-085.
You can also download the app (join me) for anyone who has smartphones and go through the same steps.
AGENDA BCFOA AGM DEC 15 2018
AGM MINUTES DEC 2017_
PRESIDENT AGM REPORT 2018 NIGEL BUSHE
VP CANADIAN REPORT AGM DEC 2018 SANDY BAINS
VP REPORT HIGH SCHOOL AGM DEC 2018 FRANK ROBERTO (003)
Treasurer Report–not submitted yet
ALLOCATOR METRO AGM REPORT 2018 WALTER BECKER
DIRECTOR OF MEMBER SERVICES AGM REPORT DREW PARKINSON 2018
ISLAND ALLOCATOR AGM REPORT 2018 MIKE GATTO
ISLAND MEMBER SERVICES REPORT AGM DEC 2018 ROD FEHR
ALLOCATOR DIRECTOR OF INTERIOR MEMBER SERVICES AGM REPORT 2018 ALLAN MILTON
On Saturday Dec 1st 2018 Rob passed away after having a heart attack. Several weeks ago Rob was seriously injured during a football game. He underwent spinal surgery and just a couple days ago was transferred to a rehab facility. It looked like he was on his way to recovery. Unfortunately it appears other health issues shortened his life. Well wishes poured in from across the country from the football community. Even the CFL commissioner sent well wishes that included a game ball.
Rob was a key member of our executive, a fellow official and friend. He was so dedicated to our Association that he was still trying to deal with issues and planning for our upcoming AGM from his hospital bed. Most are unaware of all the work Rob did behind the scenes on behalf of the membership.
Rob had a keen interest in military history which was an interest we shared. I enjoyed many discussions and stories about his trips to historic places around the world. He was one of the executive that encouraged me to stay on the executive and take on a bigger role.
Rob touched many lives through football and his over 30 years of teaching. My condolences to his family and friends. You will be missed. Rest in peace my friend
Officials who work Canadian are asked to view the attached rule and safety submission forms.
RULE CHANGE SUBMISSION FORM
SAFETY SUBMISSION FORM
Please contact Sandy Bains Canadian VP if you wish to submit a rule or safety change for Canadian Football 2019 season.
Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2018.
Thanks for your participation.
Congratulations to Wayne Steele (middle) with George Oswald and Larry Reda at 2018 presentation of Hall of Fame Builder Award.
Wayne is recognized one of the premier football officials in British Columbia and across the country as well. Wayne has covered games at the minor, high school and university levels often as the head referee. Wayne has a solid background in the game of football as a player in Junior Big 4 Football for the CYO Red Raiders and Marpole Colts.
Wayne’s career notables include being part of the first fully-integrated crew from across Canada to officiate the College Bowl (now the Vanier Cup), having been the head referee for the annual Archbishops’ Trophy between Vancouver College and Notre Dame more than 20 times, being the head instructor for officials at Top-Flight Flag Football League clinics, being the official CFL communications coordinator for Empire Stadium and BC Place for over 30 years. Wayne has appeared in movies as an official and was the head referee for the first-ever televised Lingerie Football League game in B.C.
Wayne was an elementary school teacher for 35 years with the Vancouver School Board; this afforded him the flexibility to officiate games after school on Friday evenings and Saturdays. In 1988 Wayne was the Head official for a Meraloma Football Alumni team as they toured England, Wales and Scotland. As the game was still new to the United Kingdom, Wayne assisted the other game referees and held clinics for them.
Wayne is a lifetime member of the BCFOA, and has given back to the officiating fraternity by teaching new officials. He has served on the BC Football Officials Association’s (BCFOA) board of directors as well as handled communications with the National Officials Association. (reprinted from BC Hall of Fame)
The information distributed November 5th has been updated. This info is also posted in the high school education section as a pdf.
BCFOA Play-off Information November 6th 2018
- Please update your Arbiter and block off times you are not available as otherwise you might not get more games.
- Play-off Committee members are: Mark Newlove and Dave Sullivan. Walter Becker will attend to receive the allocation lists. VP – Frank Roberto will observe.
- November 9 Round 1 AAA Varsity games will be played at the home venue of the higher seed. November 10 Round 1 AA Varsity games will all be played outside Metro Vancouver. Quarter- final games & semi-final games at both AA and AAA Varsity will be played at BC Place. JV AA games begin Wednesday November 8 and Thursday, November 9 at the home field of the higher seed unless they do not have an artificial turf playing surface. AAA JV games begin the following week.
- BC Place Parking is not provided. Please carpool if possible or use Skytrain and submit your receipt to the treasurer Gord Masi. Parking lot next to Costco is inexpensive.
- Officials Room will be open – Enter through EAST AIRLOCK Entrance.
- Officials should be at all Varsity games, Evening JV Games, and JV Weekend games at least 1 hour before game time. Mid-week afternoon games at least a half hour before game time. Please contact your Referee is you are going to be late.
- Baden Balls are the official game balls for ALL levels. Teams may use their own as long as they are properly inflated and pebbles are in good condition.
- Home Team will supply the stick crews AND DECIDE SIDELINES for all games until Subway Bowl Saturday. (BCHS will inform the crew which sideline the home team will use.)
- Ties – At Burnaby Lakes overtime will be played at the end where teams enter the field. At BC Place we will use the west side. At other venues determine an end when you do the field check. Teams will then only have to choose offense or defense first.
- Teams will be on opposite sides of the field at BC Place. The Home team decides the side of the field they wish to have their bench.
- We are going to insist that the sticks be on the clock side.
- At Burnaby Lakes cones placed in the end zone will be used for the hash marks.
- Half-time will be 15 minutes unless games are behind schedule or teams have ferries to catch. Jamie Rennie or member of the committee will notify us.
- If a player is to be disqualified do not signal the thumbs up ejection signal. Just escort them to the sideline and inform the coach that the player is not to return to the field.
- Mercy Rule will be in effect according to the same principles and procedures as in league play.
- The Finals will be played at BC Place on December 1. (5 games starting 8:30 a.m.)
- BCFOA will supply the Stick crews for the Finals.
- The dressing rooms must be vacated at half-time for the working crew to have their meeting. As a general rule we do not use the dressing room until the working officials have vacated at half-time. Leave on your own so that the working crew doesn’t need to ask.
- The Press Box is for the working timers. It is out of bounds for all officials.
21. NO alcohol in the stadium. (Brien is looking into an area for the officials to watch the games)